Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Silipads Review

Call me a worry wort, but when my son first started to crawl I became increasingly concerned for bruising knees. My New York City apartment is covered in bamboo floors, which can be tough on his little knees. So, when I read about Silipads by Silikids I couldn’t wait to get my hands on them! They are little cotton kneepads with silicone padding in the center to provide protection from hard and rough surfaces. You can purchase these for about $18.00.
My son has a slim physique so the kneepads continued to fall off as he started cruising for the day. I had to keep pulling them back onto the knee area. Maybe a child with bigger sausage type legs could hold these protectors better in place. I think as he thickens up a bit, the silipads will be snuggled on more securely.
I can really appreciate Silikids line of products. They carry other silicone products such as silibibs, silibottles, and skins. Mothers concerned for toxic materials in children’s products designed this company. That is why all their products are made of silicone, which is non-toxic, green, hypoallergenic, and BPA-free! The one thing I would change about the Silipads is to carry a variety of sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment